The cooling systems primary objective, is to provide protection against engine overheating.
Car engines produce a lot of heat, and the cooling carries heat away from the engine by circulating anti-freeze/coolant through the system and carrying it to the radiator for cooling. Your cooling system ensures that the engine heats quickly and then remains at a constant and optimal temperature for efficient performance.
Why does my car need a cooling system service?
The coolant wears out and needs to be changed to prevent the breakdown of your system components.
Changing your antifreeze is just like changing your engine oil and it should be done on regular bases as part of preventive maintenance. This will help prolong the life of your heating and cooling system and prevent costly future repairs.
When does my cars cooling system need servicing?
- At All Car Express we advise our customers to have this done at least once a year.
- We recommend you get a seven point preventative cooling system maintenance check performed at least once every two years.
- If the car is new, your vehicle owner's manual will indicate when this should be done.
Our cooling system inspection identifies areas that need attention, and consists of the following:
- A visual inspection of all cooling system components, including belts and hoses
- A radiator cap pressure test to check the recommended system pressure level
- A thermostat check for proper opening and closing
- A pressure test the entire cooling system to identify external leaks
Cooling system parts include;
- The radiator
- Water pump
- Heater hoses
- Heater core
- Engine belts